Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cooking by the seat of my pants

Welcome to my foodie blog!
commando cook

                                                                        
I don't measure and like to experiment a lot. I forget to take pictures, but that will change. I love discovering new taste pairings and I am totally about making things simple. Like my art and crafting, it's fun to come up with new/easier/faster/yummier ways to make things. As of last month I am serious about shopping wisely, using what is 'in season' and using up all the ingredients I purchase so there is no smell/taste testing questionable food items and having to decide if something 'is really THAT bad'...
For the record, my husband will NOT eat anything past the Best Before date. I have learned that certain items, like yoghurt,cottage cheese, cream cheese are perfectly fine for a little while past their dates.

Anyway... let's start off with a TIP:

commando cook

To save a little mess when making lasagna I mix my eggs directly into the ricotta tub. I create a funnel in the middle and drop my eggs in there. They mix and blend beautifully and ONE BOWL less needs to be washed! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment