Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Desperately Seeking SOMETHING to nosh! (aka PB Cocoa Commando Cookies)

cookie commando has entered the building!

Still trying to eat healthier I wanted something to nosh after dinner last night. I started getting the ingredients ready for my BreadMaker Rice Pudding, but really didn't want to use white rice. So I quickly closed up the butler's pantry and headed back to my cooking island.

These cookies took about 10 minutes to prepare and about the same to bake; not too shabby.
I just grabbed a bunch of ingredients that I figured should go well together and kept my fingers crossed.

Here are the secret details

No sodium

no chocolate

no baking soda

no artificial sweeteners

1 cookie is approximately 73 calories ( I actually did the calculating myself!!!) ---- insert proud moment here X

Yield: 16

Ingredients


1 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
Agave Syrup 1/3 c
cocoa powder
2 tbsp margarine ( I used lite) -- only 35 calories per tbsp.
i egg
1/4 c ground Flax Seed
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp peanut butter ( secret, secret ingredient)

Here's how I did it!

Heat oven to 375 F
cover baking sheet with parchment paper
*in a small bowl mix and blend all the ingredients .
Drop /scrape the oatmeal mixture onto sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.


I used my toaster oven so the pan is smaller.


*tip - I hold a knife in one hand and a soup spoon in the other and use them in combination to 'cut in' and blend these ingredients. It's works really well for me.

Note: these are not overly sweet. They are 'sweet enough' and I am trying to find a happy balance between taste and health. By all means add all the margarine, brown sugar and chocolate chips you want!!! 

I'm really trying :)
Enjoy
Roberta

No comments:

Post a Comment